Transportation Analyst (temporary agency position)
A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
Interested to assist us to improve our Caterpillar’s supply chain collaboration and our transportation visibility for our African and Euresian dealers? Join us and you’ll work with diverse enthusiast team of different nationalities and will be able to develop your skills in fast growing environment!
We are looking for a teamplayer who is familiar with data analysis, has good communication skills and customer focus, has a transportation background and eager to learn new tasks.
Daily operational management of transportation operations
- Operational support for outbound transportation of Caterpillar Machines, Engines and Work Tools sourced from worldwide origin regions and shipped to African and Eurasian destinations via various transportation modes (ocean, road, rail, air).
- Update and review Milestones and EDI messages to enhance our transportation visibility
- Provide Root Cause Corrective Actions on disrupted shipments
- Have regular touchpoints with the team to align with their business/priorities and respond accordingly to their requests for transportation.
Team player with good interpersonal skills necessary to interface with the global CAT Destination Trade Lane Management teams, dealers and external service providers such as Shipping Lines, Freight Forwarders, Trucking Companies, Air providers.
The candidate must possess and demonstrate the following attributes and capabilities:
- The position requires 2-5 years experience in international transportation operations.
- Bachelor degree or equal by experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid written & oral communication skills
- Fluent English (written and oral), other languages are an asset
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Access, Claud applications)
- Eager to learn
What we offer
- Young dynamic team working in international environment for a market leading company.
- An attractive salary with meal vouchers and transportation allowance.