Transportation Analyst – Airfreight
A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
Manages the Caterpillar contracted service providers for the shipment of Caterpillar components overseas. Identifies, investigates, and resolves structural problems with Airfreight forwarder and act as an escalation point for operational matters to ensure accurate and on-time delivery to facilities, and develops initiatives to improve service and lower cost.
- Responsible to establish the transportation plan for EAME air moves (heavy air and parcel): Define main gateways with
airfreight forwarder, establish routings, service selection rules.
- Responsible to ensure transportation plan is properly communicated with execution party: Freight Forwarders and
- Responsible to maintain On Time Performance of airfreight service providers
- Coordinate and represents EAME in sourcing events with Transportation Air procurement groups
- Lead new Airfreight forwarders implementations.
- Lead for Airfreight forwarding issue resolution coming from Operations group
- Lead performance reviews and grow relationship with Airfreight forwarders through Monthly Business Reviews
- Seek for improvement initiatives related to the Airfreight network planning and Airfreight forwarder management.
- Lead Airfreight network continuous improvement projects
- 3-5 years of experience in supply chain management
- Strong: analytical skills and customer focus
- Good: Process management, project management, supplier relationship management and results oriented mindset.
- Fluent in English (French and Dutch are a plus)