EAME Regional Inventory Management Manager
A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
Now is an excellent time to join us. Caterpillar has recently been recognized as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes Magazine. Our team is currently looking for a talented individual to fill the role of Regional Inventory Management Manager. In this position, you will lead the strategy, planning and execution of inventory management and customer service functions across multiple facilities in the Caterpillar Distribution Network. Additionally, you will act as an advisor or consultant to senior management, communicating with many and varied impacted groups regarding distribution network performance and significant actions taken to affect the supply chain, distribution operations, global facility planning, Caterpillar inventory management client teams, order fulfillment, purchasing, internal Caterpillar manufacturing, and marketing companies. We’re looking for a driven, innovative, creative multi-tasker who can build a dynamic team culture.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve Caterpillar Service Parts availability targets and inventory plan objectives, ensure quality results, align Inventory Management execution with Global Aftermarket Service Division’s business plan and programs.
- Review and monitor Inventory Management performance and align activities to support market demands. In addition, the role requires the development of new insights and approaches to satisfy our Dealers and Customers.
- Evaluate Aftermarket Parts sales forecasts to establish and execute Inventory Management strategies requiring consideration of long and short-term consequences and close evaluation of risk and benefit.
- Manage Caterpillar’s service parts inventory within the Europe, Africa, and Middle East region and achieve high levels of service parts availability, which directly impacts dealer and end customer satisfaction with Caterpillar product support. Deliver this role working closely with Operations.
- Serve as a company-wide resource on a highly specialized area or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management in interpreting and using information provided.
- Confront complex issues or problems which require careful analysis and diagnosis. May modify existing approaches or develop new solutions.
- Establish and then monitor general policies and guidelines for projects under their control to ensure specific management goals are met and desired results achieved.
- Moderate travel required (25% of working time).
- 15+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience in a wide variety of distribution management, inventory management, planning and manufacturing positions.
- Extensive inventory management knowledge including a minimum of 5 years of inventory management experience.
- University degree & 5+ years of experience as a leader of leaders managing a diverse team.
Top candidates will also have:
- Excellent technical, organizational, communications and human relations skills.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with various business partners.
- Proven ability as a leader of leaders and ability to deliver significant business unit results with a focus on culture.
- Broad collaboration across functional groups, inside and outside of the enterprise.
- Ability to work with and influence managers within the enterprise and dealer network.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions.
- Thorough understanding of company policies and procedures including our distribution divisions and worldwide dealer network.
- Strong analytical skills / Strategic thinker with a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to be agile and flexible / Ability to think both strategically and to translate concepts into results.