Logistics Warehouse Supervisor (Young Graduates)
A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
You work in a rotating shift (6 am – 2 pm; 2 pm – 10 pm) or in a fixed night (10 pm – 6 am). As a supervisor, you are responsible for the daily supervision of storeroom operations in a specific area. This entails organising and supervising the operation in the most efficient, customer oriented and safe way. As well as ensuring a high level of quality and focus on timely execution of tasks at hand, including initiating and executing improvement opportunities.
- Coach a team of 30-40 employees who perform a number of warehouse activities: receiving, locating, order-filling, packing, loading and shipping of spare parts.
- You are responsible for the efficient organisation of your area and attain the pre-established productivity, quality and efficiency standards.
- You ensure that the activities in your area are performed in conjunction with the other areas by closely collaborating with your colleagues supervisors.
- You are responsible for the operational processes in your area, and initiates and/or contributes to improvement projects.
- You ensure proper training and development of the employees in your area.
- You are responsible for a safe and clean work environment and ensure adherence by your team.
- You analyse area results and strive for lean management and will take appropriate actions for improvements.
- Bachelor / Master degree or equivalent experience
- Motivation and skills to independently lead a group of employees.
- Good communications skills, adjusted to the audience and situation at hand
- Organisational talent
- Pro-active and hands-on
- Previous relevant experience in warehouse environment can be an asset
- Profound knowledge of MS Office applications
- Fluent knowledge of Dutch, and English.