Transportation Air Procurement Analyst
A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
This position will support the procurement of Air & Ocean Forwarding, Parcel, Customs Brokerage, and other related logistics services within Cats EAME geographic region. This regional support role will work to gather and analyze data to drive service provider strategy in support of overall organizational objectives. Key work activities include assisting the Transportation Buyer in all areas of strategic sourcing to meet operational objectives and drive service provider performance.
Key Job functions include but not limited to
- Support the Transportation Buyer with procurement and management of Air & Ocean Freight Forwarding, Parcel, Customs Brokerage and other logistics service contracts. This includes bidding and sourcing, rate and cost management and contract standardization.
- Support regional contract negotiations with transportation providers in order to achieve operational service and price objectives and in accordance with Cats long-term service provider strategy.
- Work with operations personnel to define business requirements (Statements of Work), incorporate requirements into bid events and execute competitive bids/RFPs.
- Analyze service provider selection criteria and assist in evaluating service provider’s capabilities against these criteria.
- Work with the Transportation Buyer and Caterpillar’s legal services to verify that all contracts are within the contracted effective and termination dates and ensure appropriate legal protection.
- Escalate commercial service provider issues to management as needed.
- Track market rates using analytical tools and communicate those market trends through summary reports to appropriate management and key business units on a regular basis.
- Understand service provider cost drivers and communicate as needed.
- Attend and assist with service provider business reviews as required.
- Maintain transportation rates/services through new or existing technology platforms (GT Nexus, TiContract, etc.)
- Provide spot quote and cost studies as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration or other related field. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, would consider 1 to 3 years of professional work experience in transportation, logistics, supply chain or operations. Strong Leadership and problem solving skills. Ability to work both independently and in a diverse team environment. Strong written and verbal communication skills.