Regional Inventory Management Analyst
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We are a leader and proudly have the largest global presence in the industries we serve.
Caterpillar customers and their equipment are hard at work in every corner of the globe, and they can’t afford to slow down or stop. They need our machines, engines and parts to do the world’s work. That’s what our Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) team makes possible—using the latest digital, analytics and data forecasting tools to move material where it needs to be, when it needs to be there.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated Supply Chain professional to fill a critical role as the Regional Inventory Management Analyst. As Regional IM Analyst, your primary role will be delivering superior parts service and inventory performance for the EAME region. These areas focus primarily on Demand Management, Service, Cost Analysis and Strategic inventory stocking decisions. This unique role, will allow you to work in a global environment, working closely with business partners within the EAME region and across Caterpillars global supply chain.
Bring your passion for Supply Chain management and data analysis to gain business insights to deliver Inventory Management solutions for business growth.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Caterpillar’s service parts inventory within the European, African and Middle East (EAME) region and achieve high levels of service parts availability, which directly impacts dealer and end customer satisfaction with Caterpillar product support.
- Review and monitor Inventory Management performance for the EAME region and align activities to support market demands.
- Driving improvements to service and inventory by optimizing planning processes, long range forecasting and other IM activities
- Reviewing, analyzing, reporting and actioning reasons for low parts availability utilizing MS Office, PC-SAS, Mainframe solutions and SAP SPM, Tableau, BobJ and other systems.
- Utilizing PC-SAS to gather data from multiple data sources to perform complex data analysis, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Working effectively with diverse, multi-functional teams in order to apply the supply chain logistics process and leading team efforts to develop a lean parts distribution network.
- Support internal process partners in areas of root causes to schedule variability, backorders and service loss.
- Collaborating with facility Logistics Center Managers across EAME to address space, velocity and availability issues.
- Collaborating with dealer facing teams, dealers and product groups on strategic service growth initiatives, demand planning and service parts availability initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of progressively responsible supply chain job experience
- 1+ years of project management experience
- Experience with MS-Office applications
- Experience with coding/programming utilizing PC-SAS, SQL, or equivalent data analytics software packages
- Experience in the development and deployment of supply chain processes
- Able and willing to travel within the different regions occasionally.
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics Management, Engineering or Mathematics
- Previous experience as a Supply Chain Planning Analyst or Inventory Management Analyst
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex topics to all levels of leadership.
- A background in Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Material Requirements Planning, Demand Management and/or Logistics
- Leadership skills to effectively lead supply chain improvements making the best use of available resources, while maintaining strong people focus and fulfilling the responsibilities for leading people
- Strong collaborative, interpersonal and negotiation skills in order to drive common supply chain processes across multiple departments within a business division
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to creatively solve complex problems
- Ability to design and deploy lean systems in a highly productive environment with minimal disruption to daily requirements
- Experience and knowledge about supply chain principles, specifically those applied to pull replenishment using material replenishment tools and processes, Supply Chain Planning analytical tools, material flow and throughput efficiency
- Strong understanding and previous experience using common supply chain systems
- APICS CPIM or CSCP National Certification