A career in logistics that continues to evolve, and in an international atmosphere? Here’s where it all begins. The Caterpillar Logistics Center in Grimbergen is among the best in the world and so are our products.
As an Inventory Analyst, you will support the Product Support & Logistics Division (PSLD) division’s effort in achieving the inventory and customer service objectives in a manner consistent with PSLD objectives through project work related to Parts Inventory Collaboration (PIC) and Inventory Management Research.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for providing Business and System support to dealers on PIC system including executing contingency processes when needed
• Provide standard Service Analysis and Loss Analysis as well as execute additional standardized analysis packs for PIC dealers for their quarterly review process
• Must be open to learning the analytical techniques for Data Analysis, Inventory Management (IM) System Configuration/logic and statistically oriented analysis
• Work closely together with DSD Parts Operations to roll out PIC2.0 and support the Parts Excellence Program rollout with our EAME dealers.
• Specific projects may include but are not limited to investigating reasons for service loss, explaining inventory growth, assessing the value of alternative stocking rules, and determining impact on dealer Inventory
• Green Belt / Subject Matter Expert (SME) on 6 Sigma Projects
• SAS Programming and use of reporting tools like Tableau and Power BI
* Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in mathematics, statistics, engineering or equivalent
* Must have excellent analytical/problem solving abilities, well developed oral and written communications skills, a strong customer focus, and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of groups including Cat internal groups and Dealers
* Three to five years of job-related experience
* Willing to travel on an occasional basis (5-10%).
* SAS programming skills
* Supply Chain and Inventory Management concepts