As an HR Business Partner you will provide direction and support to business units in the areas of staffing, employee development, counselling, training and performance management. You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of a productive work environment with a high degree of employee engagement (the “Caterpillar Experience”). You will report to the HR Business & Industrial Relations Partner.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Making recommendations to senior management on issues concerning employees, recruiting, turnover or training.
• Provide direction in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures, governmental regulations, and internal investigations to enhance consistency and maintain and improve the work environment of the facility.
• Aligning HR policies and programs for their business unit or region which promote employee engagement, retention and performance.
• Administering compensation programs; monitoring performance evaluation programs and revising as necessary.
• Handling employee relations issues and providing HR guidance to leaders on people challenges and enhance the leadership skills.
• Analyzing HR metrics and data to identify trends and opportunities and develop a story to provide data-driven recommendations to senior management.
• Making use of the support and leverage the broader HR team (staffing & recruitment, compensation, communication, personnel services, service centers) to support business in talent challenges.
• Participate in global and lead local HR projects that support the business.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a background in Human Resources
• Understanding of Belgian social legislation.
• Ability to translate (employee) data into HR advices and practices
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and counselling skills
• Knowledge of techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a collaborative manner with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Knowledge of the rights and obligations in the employee relations, ability to adhere to legal requirements when handling employee negotiations.
• Fluent in Dutch and English