Customer Services Coordinator
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. We are a leader and proudly have the largest global presence in the industries we serve.
Our Logistics Center in Grimbergen is an indispensable link in the chain. From here we support our supply chain at every turn. Every day, thousands of spare parts leave our warehouse for dealers and customers all over the world. Our Logistics Center is an essential hub for the Middle East, Europe and Africa. We organize the transport to these regions and provide a reliable after-sales service.
This position is the second point of contact for the dealer on customer service and order processing issues. Each Customer Services Coordinator is assigned as the secondary contact point on an assigned number of dealerships. However, the Customer Services Coordinator addresses all dealer’s inquiries if necessary.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This position resolves as many problems as needed, corresponding with skill level and experience.
- The incumbent may also provide customers limited special price assistance based on guidelines provided by the organization. Issues beyond the incumbent’s skill level or authority are referred to the Customer Service Supervisor and other areas such as Engineering for technical inquiries. This position also, again commensurate with level of expertise, provides phone training to dealers on new installed programs and system enhancements.
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments.
- The Customer Services Coordinator provides general instructions on what needs to be done, when it needs to be done and how it is typically done. The jobholder knows in advance the details of what needs to be done to serve customers and the standard procedures in place to accomplish it. They can change different parts of the standard approach to serve dealers best but cannot add or delete procedures without approval.
- Assists at dealer training sessions and represent the organization during quarterly dealer meetings.
- Is functioning as back-up resource for the Customer Service Supervisor for all questions related to workload distribution, dealer escalations and the correlated decisions.
- Monitors and coaches the junior representative in his/her daily tasks
- Out of scope are all people related matters.
- The position requires knowledge of all Caterpillar products, product applications or merchandising programs.
- Personal computer skills and familiarity with various software packages are required.
- Good human relations/negotiation skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
The Customer Services Coordinator:
- Designs own daily work independently.
- Leads projects to improve and/or install standard work
- Reinforces high quality standards driven by company objectives
- Identifies and corrects systems and program problems in a timely manner
- Trains and mentors junior customer service representatives.
- Translates technical knowledge into business solutions
- Develops a high degree of business acumen